Wrap these pears in cellophane and tie with a bow for an impressive hostess gift. They also make a stunning centerpiece for your holiday table.
- 1 bar (3.5 oz/100 g) Godiva 72% Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 6 Godiva Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 4 Godiva Biscuits, Milk Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted pistachios
- 8 small Forelle pears, washed and dried well
Line baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chopped chocolate with truffles, stirring occasionally, until smooth; keep warm.
In small bowl, combine chopped cookies with pistachios; set aside.
Holding pear by stem, dip bottom two-thirds of pear into melted chocolate, leaving top third uncoated. Allow excess chocolate to drip back in bowl.
Sprinkle bottom third of chocolate-coated area with pistachio mixture until evenly coated; place on prepared baking sheet.
Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until chocolate is hardened.
Tip: If desired, insert skewer into top of pear for dipping.